Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finished Task is not disappearing from the user's task to perform section.

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

Hello ,I have a short workflow then , the task is finished according to the workflow diagram. However , that item is not disappearing from the user's MyWorklist<Task to Perform section. How can i solved it ?

Best Regards

Gurkan

001.PNG002.JPG

7 REPLIES

Re: Finished Task is not disappearing from the user's task to perform section.

Legend
Legend

Sometimes just logging out an in again can clear this.  Else, claim the task as a DBA and Abort it.

If the targets are still in process after, use the utility clear_process_stage_list.

Rich

Richard Bennett
PLM Consultant
www.ProspectPLM.co.uk

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

Hi Rich

Why we should use that utility (clear_process_stage_utility) ?  Could you please explain more detailed it ?

Thanks a lot for helps.

Gurkan

Legend
Legend

Sometimes when you Abort a workflow, or a workflow crashes, the objects appear to remain in process as they have the In Process symbol next to them:

Capture.JPG

If you RMB; properties on the object you will see that the property Process Stage List is populated:

Capture.JPG

Running the utility empties this property and therefore removes the In Process symbol next to the object.

Rich

Richard Bennett
PLM Consultant
www.ProspectPLM.co.uk

Experimenter
Experimenter

These are few cases why task would not leave the inbox.

• Some workflow handler (rule/action handler) on the "Complete" action of the root task fails (i.e. returns error code other than 0). In this case task would stay in the inbox. If this is common occurrence, then identifying and fixing the cause of the handler failure is the solution. If this is sporadic, then chances are performing "Complete" action in the workflow task would do the trick.
  • Workflow finished without any error, but somehow Teamcenter failed to remove the task from the inbox (network, database, access, locking/unlocking, etc issues). In this case, if there is still the "In Process" symbol next to the target objects, then chances are that running the clear process state utility would fix the issue. if there is no "In Process" symbol next to the target objects, then you can delete the user's inbox and have the user log out and log back in. This would recreate user's inbox and remove any tasks that should not be in the inbox. However, you have to be very careful while deleting inbox. If user's inbox is loaded in other sessions (and it will be) those users would get an error becuase the inbox loaded in their session would no longer be valid.

Trick is indentifying what caused the task to not leave the inbox - handler failure, or inbox refresh/update issue

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
And a final comment just to round out the conversation. Sometimes the client keeps track of things that are no longer in the DB. You can safely delete the users "Inbox" (under My Worklist) as a DBA and Inbox will get recreated on the users next login and rebuild it from the DB contents. I've had to do that several times as an admin.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Experimenter
Experimenter

True. That why I also included in my post. However, if user (let's call him "Reviewer") is regular in receiving tasks in his/her inbox (Review task, do task, or as responsible party), then the initiator (let's call him "Initiator) of the workflow will have that reviewer's inbox loaded in his/her session.

If you delete reviewer's inbox, then the reviewer's inbox loaded in initiator's session will become invalid. At this point if initiator attempts to assign another review task to the same reviewer then initiator will get an error in his/her session (becuase initiator's session will try to load reviewer's inbox to add new task, but the reviewer's inbox, as it was loaded in initiator's session, is now invalid).

If you must delete inbox, best time to do it would be when there are least number of users in the database.

Legend
Legend
I have never come across this before, deletion of an inbox that is.

Completing, or failing that Aborting a task followed by clear_process_stagelist is all I have ever needed to do.

I don't doubt that deleting an inbox may be needed in certain situations, but not a regular admin task? More of a last resort?

Rich
Richard Bennett
PLM Consultant
www.ProspectPLM.co.uk