Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Folders for all Users

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I saw in Teamcenter Engg 2007 that a folder structure is created by using the infodba login credentials. The same folder stucture (And all its contents) is seen under, all the users "Home" folder. 

The folder contains sub folders and Items. If one user deletes a folder, adds/removes an Item/Item Revision. Its reflects to all users. Below is the folder structure. "Klanten2" is seen by all users and all its children.

Sample.PNG

How is this done? What is the relationship or configuration done to acheive this. I know that these are not pseudo folders. I am trying to do the same in TC 8.3 and TC 10.1. 

Regards,
Santosh
3 REPLIES

Re: Folders for all Users

Any generic folder can contain other folders and workspace objects. An admin can perform a search for all users Home folder (special folder) and paste the generic folder into their Home. Changes to the contents of the generic folder made by anyone will be seen by all. No magic.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Randy,

Sorry if i'm misunderstanding you, but what you're saying is I (user) can add a folder to my "home" and it will be seen by all?

I want to create a folder with some MS datasets containing guides, to be seen by all users. Not necessarily on their home, but perhaps they can search for the folder. Is this possible?

Thanks,
Jake

Any user can create a folder. The folder can be searched for and found by other users. However, they will also be able to cut or add contents to the folder too. Hope that's what you're looking for.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2