Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Format of Email Notification

Solution Partner Honored Contributor Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Solution Partner Honored Contributor

Has anyone discovered a means to format the email notification received from EPM-notify-report=Rejection?

The current email content is basically an unordered dump of the audit log containing every review task in the workflow which makes finding the comments for a rejected task difficult to locate for inexperienced users. We would like to customize the email notification, without using ITK if possible, to only contain the review task that was rejected instead of all of them. We don’t see any formatting available in %PORTAL_ROOT%\portal\plugins\com.teamcenter.rac.external_9000.1\mail.jar nor in TC_DATA.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

6 REPLIES

Re: Format of Email Notification

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hi Randy,

I guess "scm_mail_format.xsl" in TCData directory could be something that you can start with.

Regards,

Arun

Creator
Creator

Hi Randy, where you able to find an answer on this topic?

There are only two ways to modify the notification email formatting:
%TC_DATA%\scm_mail_format.xsl or USER_build_notify_message_locale

Modifying the email Body will require code. I've tried modifying @subject and @description in scm_mail_format.xsl and it had no effect for Late Notification. Likely, these will require code as well.

More, all subscription manager (scm) notifications are sent to Outlook not to the Teamcenter inbox. This includes Schedule Manager. If you want to see schedule-based notifications go to the Teamcenter inbox, that would be an Enhancement Request (ER) candidate.

So one of the most useful features, email notification, falls on its face for modifying Subject, Message or Attachment. You only have control of Recipient. All others require a codeful solution.

Legend
Legend

I have developed a custom handler to do exactly what you seek. Please contact me privately - 

Yogesh.Fegade@siomsystems.com

---

Thanks and Regards

Yogesh Fegade

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Randy, how do i add Project Id in the Subject / Body of Email Notifiaction.

We assign the Project ID to EPMTask. This is need in the Email.

Regards,

Arun Kumar G

That's the same problem everyone has, you cannot customize email notifications without a codeful solution. Either from my friend Yogesh (previous post), from other vendors like "PLM Easy", or writing a custom handler yourself.