Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate BOM report for specific BOM View

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

We've just upgraded and migrated a Tc9.1 system into an existing Tc11.6.

The migrated system has a BOM report which outputs to Excel.

Under the item revision there can be more than one BOM. The eBOM (-eBom), generated manually in TC, and the CAD BOM (-View), generated from CATIA.

The report should be generated from the eBOM.

If the CAD BOM is created first then the report output can select that BOM incorrectly. The fix used to be to delete the CAD data & BOM and recreate under the revision, effectively putting the eBOM at the "top" of the list under the item revision. This doesn't seem to work in TC 11.

I've found a workaround to change the CATIA generated bom to be of type -catia but I wonder if there is a way to force report writer to select the correct BOM?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Generate BOM report for specific BOM View

@roq4, which report are you using?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@CraigPoulson seems to be the case with any bom report. I found that there is a preference PSE_default_view_type which you can set which works around the issue. I'm wondering if there's a way to use the closure rules to look at a specific BOM View Type. Now we have a workaround this will be one to look at later.

Using the Preference is a great approach.  You also should be able to change the closeure rule to only export a specific type of BVR - as you said on a later date.