Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Help with handler EPM-set-property

Hi,

I want to use the handler "EPM-set-property" to copy the value of one property from the Item to one property in the Item Revision, Is that posible?

6 REPLIES

Re: Help with handler EPM-set-property

Hello Malmi,

what type of attribute are you planning to read from an Item? 

I believe you would launch your workflow on the item Revision.

epm-set-property '-from_attach' and '-to_attach' arguments can help if you were to traverse from Item revision and acquire Item. item can then be included in workflow references and item revision in targets.

I believe you already know your way for -value argument :-)

Best Regards

Harish

i've trying a lot diferent values for from_att_type and from_att_type but i can't include the Item in the workflow, How should i do it? whats the relation for the ITEM to include it? is it a reference?

Hello Malmi,

You would have to use epm-attach-related-objects with argument: -property = items_tag and -attachment = reference.

You can then call epm-set-property once item is attached as workflow reference.

Let me know if this works for you.

Best Regards

Harish

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Malmi
‎06-02-2016 04:11 AM

Thanks for your help, finally i create a compund property in the BMIDE. it allow me to read an Item and use it for the workflow.

Thanks for your support.

Hi Guys,

maybe you can help here as well:

I want to use the handler "EPM-set-property" to automatically fill in a "empty" Object value from the Type "TypedReference (Attribute/Reference)" within my ItemRevision..

The background is here: We created a TypedReference field "Reference_to_itself" for our Main Object...and everytime we will clone/ or save as, we would like to hold the information from the Original one...for that Reason the "IMAN_based" Relation Information is not enough because if the clone and clone more, it always hold the last "IMAN_based" information.

Any ideas how we could handle this???

thank you Luke

Why not use a compound property?