Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How could set Smart Naming Rule in BMIDE ( Teamcenter )

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello!

I do it like upon,but error, please help me! Thanks !Generator ID Error.png

@Jamie_Griffis wrote:

In my opinion, there are still some design flaws in this ID Generator. To move your selections to be displayed first, change your "create" stylesheet for this item. Just note, you can't remove the Item ID or it breaks.  

Here is my working example updated to mimic your properties:

IDG.JPG

Jamie

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Change your "Fnd0BaseIDGenerator" to "fnd0IDGenerator". Basically change the uppercase "F" to lowercase and remove "Base". 

Jamie

Jamie Griffis | PLM Solution Architect | Engineering USA

Experimenter
Experimenter
@Jamie_Griffis
Thank you very much!

Experimenter
Experimenter

@Jamie_Griffis Did we ever find a solution for smart part numbering via CAD integraton (SolidEdge)? Item creation via Teamcenter works fine, but creating a new item in SolidEdge doesn't work the same (obviously) because item_id is a required field in SolidEdge and I don't have my LOV dropdown from the id generator.

I haven't had any success mapping the id generator attribute to a SolidEdge attribute anyway.

I remember we had a similar issue in the past and I just wanted to reach out and see if you have found a solution that didn't require customizations.

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

@DBalcerowski  - No great solution. I've asked SEEC PD before and they don't plan to support it any time soon (if at all). Also, the ID generator doesn't allow save as, which is the bigger deal breaker of the situation. You can look at the hosted AWC in SE. You could generate the number in the hosted AWC session from SE, then "Open in SEEC". At least that is a work around but the save as is still the deal breaker. You can look at concatenating different properties together and displaying them as a "smart" p/n. Arden has posted an example of that on one of the smart part numbering posts, take a look and see if that helps. 

Jamie Griffis | PLM Solution Architect | Engineering USA