cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to achieve "as sold" product structure after appling variant rule.

Creator
Creator

Hello All,

How to achieve "as sold" product structure after applying variant rule.

We created a assembly structure in Teamcenter and configured  variant using product configurator. When assembly is opened with structure manager and variant is applied. Can I save different BOM's according to variants?

8 REPLIES

Re: How to achieve "as sold" product structure after appling variant rule.

Legend
Legend

HI,

1. Even though if it allow you to save the configured BOM after applying variants rule (if it doesn't have maturity status), you should not save BOM separately.

2. Prime intention of the Option & Variants is to have one single BOM with different variants. 

3. In case it's a requirement for you, you can try for BOM cloning which will allow you to copy the structure and paste it under different BOM line.

Creator
Creator

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Actually i tried BOM cloning but i am getting the whole structure. But I just want the configured structure to be cloned.

Thanks and Regards

M.Manoj krishna

Legend
Legend

yes, it will copy all the structure below the BOMline which you selected for Cloning,

if you have variants at multi-level then this is the limitation.

But if you have variants at only first level then you can apply variant rule for BOM, and select the all structure except top node of the assembly and paste it in another assembly BOM line.  

Creator
Creator
If i have to copy and paste in another BOM line then why should i use product configurator to configure my structure.
I would have used simple copy and paste option.

Legend
Legend

that exactly what the first line of my answer suggest,

"Even though if it allow you to save the configured BOM after applying variants rule (if it doesn't have maturity status), you should not save BOM separately.

Prime intention of the Option & Variants is to have one single BOM with different variants."

But I have suggested the solution for the worst scenario where your requirement is must, to have separate BOM by configuring the variant rule.

please let me know if you find some another solution for this requirement.

Creator
Creator

Actually i have to give seperate ERP code for all variant configured structure, So i wanted a seperate structure.

But not getting any solution.

Ya sure, if i get a solution. I will definitely let you know.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Product Configurator is a good product for defining all the options and variants that will be needed for a product line. Not every possibility is pre-engineered or purchased by a customer. Once a configured product is purchased, usually some engineering is required to complete the design. The configured product is saved off as its own BOM and engineers complete the work and release it (sent to ERP). The Product Configurator works hand-in-hand with the Part versus Design methodology. For simple configurations without many options/variants then Product Configurator may not make sense but for complicated configurations its a life (time) saver. Designed for Configure-To-Order (CTO). Rulestream is for Engineer-To-Order (ETO). Or a combination depending on need (CTO+E, ETO+C). Hope that helps.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Creator
Creator

Thanks for the reply Randy.

This will be helpful for me.