Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to bypass perform-signoffs

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hello,

I need to set an attribute to item. This attribute is user name. I want to make this by workflow which is initiated by designer on item revision. The designer assigns project manager by select-signoff-team subtask. But I do not want to bother project manager by approving of the perform-signoffs task. The name of project manager will be by as attribute (set by EPM-set-property) displayed in drawing only for information; no real check is required from project manager. Hence I need something like bypass of the perform-signoffs subtask.

perform-signoffs-through.png

I tried to cut the perform-signoffs task from review task, but in help there is caution not to do that. If the process is initiated and select-signoff-team performed separately (worklist), this runs. But if the selection of the team is performed within process initiation, the connection to server will crush.

Has anybody an idea how to solve this challenge?

Any idea will help. Thanks.

Juraj

3 REPLIES 3

Re: How to bypass perform-signoffs

Phenom
Phenom

The Project Managers name is going on the drawing as having approved it - but he hasnt seen it? Its your bed...

You could use the TCRS handlers:

TCRS-trigger-approve-first-step

TCRS-auto-approve-first-step

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPG

Or, why have a review task in the workflow then?  Setup an LOV that users select names from (externally managed) and just set the property.  Its not perfect as you will have to maintain the LOV.

Richard Bennett
Prospect PLM

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hi,

these handlers work fine.

But within perform-review task I had handler EPM-set-property defining person by PROP::last_mod_user. When the auto-approval is used, that reviewer is not last_mod_user any more. This would perfectly solve my problem if there would be possible to write into attribute person who has been defined as reviewer.

Phenom
Phenom
Tcrs-store-review-data stores the sign off data to the revision master form.
Rich
Richard Bennett
Prospect PLM