Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the child part's status of BOM structure

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Dear Listers,

We have a use case where we have a BOM structure and when we click on the BVR it opens in Structure Manager.

It is noticed that the parent Part/Item if it is released and attains a status of the Prodcution. The child parts some of them still do not have any status , is there any preference where the child part/item should also have the status of that of the parent in a bom.

Regards

Vilas

8 REPLIES

Re: How to change the child part's status of BOM structure

Phenom
Phenom

Good afternoon, it seems to me that there is no such parameter, I think that you should control this using handlers in the Workflow process

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

What revision rule is being applied in Structure Manager? Is your BOM precise (lines are green) or imprecise (lines are white)?

Jamie

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Jamie,

We are using precise revision rule when I click on the BVR , it opens up in the structure manager with "green lines"

Regards

Vilas

Phenom
Phenom
What is the revision rule being applied? The revision rule 'Precise Only' has 2 clauses from memory... Precise, then Status. So if the BOM was last saved with a WIP child then it would take precedence as it was how it was last saved ie Precise.
Richard
Richard Bennett
PLM Consultant
www.ProspectPLM.co.uk

Phenom
Phenom
Also as a side note.... we work precisely and I got annoyed with the rows all being coloured Green so I have changed a preference so that my precise bom lines are White! I have also suppressed the precise/imprecise toggle, so the only way the BOM can be changed is manually or through the CAD application.
Richard Bennett
PLM Consultant
www.ProspectPLM.co.uk

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

@ProspectPLM - don't go getting confused in other environments with those white BOM lines! :) 

I was also waiting on what revision rule is being used. Not sure how to help without that info.

Jamie

Solution Partner Honored Contributor Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Solution Partner Honored Contributor
@ProspectPLM yikes! Not being able to update the BOM to imprecise upon revise/saveas would drive me crazy. Renegade.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Phenom
Phenom

I know @RandyEllsworth, i feel a bit bad now! 

But, the majority of our BOMs have a CAD assembly. On revise they have to open the drawing to update it, so all they do is use a rev rule which downloads latest revisions into CAD. So, its not like it causes the users anymore work.  If the users could toggle in structure manager i would bet a substantial amount of money the users wouldnt open the drawing in CAD to make sure the model had updated successfully.

Also, the change was made right at the start of Teamcenter implementation when users didnt know what they were doing. They are a lot more confident experienced users now... Maybe i could revisit this....

Richard Bennett
PLM Consultant
www.ProspectPLM.co.uk