cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the icon only for the latest released revision.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Do you know how to change the icon only for the latest released revision for it.

For example,  there are two cases below.

Case 1:

Item 

Rev A (released)

Rev B (released)  ← I want to change only this icon of Rev B.

Rev C

Case 2:

Item 

Rev A (released)

Rev B (released)  

Rev C (released) ← I want to change only this icon of Rev B.

I heard that this configuration can be done in BMIDE.

Could you tell me how to do that?

If there is any explanation in BMIDE document, Could you let me know that page in the document?

Thank you.

7 REPLIES

Re: How to change the icon only for the latest released revision.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

I'm not sure you can do that without customization since when releasing rev B you would need to go back and replace the flag on rev A also. If the business requirement is to filter out previous rev's to make it obvious what the last released is then you may want to look into filtering the display of revisions. Basically hide the previous revs from displaying using rules.

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/tc/11.3/help/#uid:mytc_set_item_rev_disp_rule

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you always. 

As you said, in the view folder,  sometimes customer click the previous revision which is not latest revision to do revision up. As a result, customer will create wrong revision.

Their purpose is that they just would like to know what is the latest revision of the item.

If you have any updates about this topic, please let me know it. 

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

If I apply this display rule, old revisions will be hided, right?

Actually as they want to know the actual data, they want to see all the revisions. But they just want to know what is the latest revision.

Solution Partner Phenom
In that case, you may want to hide the "view" folder which is a representation of what's in the BOM and does not show the latest revision. That would force the user to find the Item and therefore the latest revision would become obvious.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Customer use precise structure and they want to see item revisions in the view folder. So we cannot hide view folder. Even though the item revisions shown in the view folder are too many, they just want to highlight the latest released item revision only.

Do you have any idea about it?

Do we have to do customization?

You can achive this using property renders - overlayIcon element. If you have any possiblility to differentiate, the latest revision from other revisions ( say some custom property value ), then this option will work.

Depends upon the value of property ( which signifies that rev is latest ), the overlay icon will be displayed ( in your case, different icon other than business object icon defined ).

Solution Partner Phenom
Selecting a revision in the "View" folder to perform a revise is the wrong thing to do. Especially if they are using precise assemblies. The view folder only shows the current contents of the BOM and not the latest revision. You can customize until your eyes bleed but what really needs to happen is user training. Either hide the view folder or train the users to follow correct processes. You will never make Teamcenter fool-ish proof. My two cents.