Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

How to check a null attribute in Workflow

Hi All,

I need to check if an item revision custom attribute is set to null before starting a workflow.

EPM-check-object-properties check only if it has a value, but I need EPM_go if the attribute is null.

Regards.

6 REPLIES

Re: How to check a null attribute in Workflow

EPM-Check-Object-Properties will do the job

TC9.1 Desc:Checks that a required or non-null value has been entered for the specified properties of the specified object type that is attached to the current workflow process. If any specified properties do not have the required values, an error displays, listing all the specified properties not containing the required values.

Right, but i have to check if it is null!

This example checks the target CMII CR Form for nonempty values for cr_priority and prop_soln properties:

Argument Values
-type         CMII CR Form

-props       cr_priority,prop_soln

-att_type   TARGET

[ Edited ]

Correct...but I have to check if it is empty: the workflow should start only if the attribute is empty.

Probably solved with conditional task and $Query.

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Simonexm979
‎01-28-2016 07:12 PM

It can't be the root task, but you probably want a condition task with a query that checks for a NULL value in that property. Set the failure path to exit the workflow and the success path to continue with the rest of the process. Of course, this won't stop the workflow process from running, but it will kick the target out without setting a status, etc.

Arden Bedell | Teamcenter Wonk | Applied CAx, LLC

[ Edited ]

I have finished to set my WF in this way just some minutes ago and IT WORKS!!! 

ardenb wrote:

It can't be the root task, but you probably want a condition task with a query that checks for a NULL value in that property. Set the failure path to exit the workflow and the success path to continue with the rest of the process. Of course, this won't stop the workflow process from running, but it will kick the target out without setting a status, etc.