cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create this property?

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

I've a simple product and component structure
At the ComponentRevision I've a property named as Risk, it's a integer 0,1,2 or 3
I need to create a property at ProductRevision that shows the highest value of the Risk of his components
Example:
ProductRevision TEST
               Component A:risk=2
               Component B:risk=1
               Component C:risk=3

So, at ProductRevision will shown Risk=3

How can I make this? Compound, Runtime, anyone can give some ideia?

3 REPLIES

Re: How to create this property?

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hi,

this is how I am thinking.

add the property called risk for components.

make this risk property as bomline property.

once you load the product structure, bomline attribute will be shown along the component Revision in structure manager. You can use the ootb sort feature in structure manager to display the lowest, highest or unsorted value.

would this work for you considering you will not have the case to persist the highest value of risk on product?

Best Regards

Harish

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Hi Harish
You suggested a good tip, but won't worked for what I need... because I need to persist this value later at ProductRevision... I'll use this value later in WF.
Do you have any other idea?
Thanks

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hello Imundin,

I think you would have to customize teamcenter to traverse the ProductRevision structure and compute the maximum risk value. Once computed you can store it as a product revision attribute.

I would suggest a separate menu in structure manager that triggers a java SOA code that can be run in structure manager once the structure is loaded. I would not suggest to link this code to BOM save (via portal customization) or link it to BOMLine extensions as then it would be applicable for all types of structures in the structure manager.

Best Regards

Harish