Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to decode Teamcenter Database UID

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

does anyone know how the UID in the Database is generated or can be reverse engineered/decoded?

Example:

wcat NXrG JoAuPB

I have heard rumors, that the last 6 have somthing to do with the site id. the 4 in the middle are some part of a timestamp? the first 4 are unique.

Can someone confirm that?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: How to decode Teamcenter Database UID

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

For why?

All the best, Alexey.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Database improvement, as you can do some kind of sorting in large tables in MSSQL.

As the uid is available everywhere that could help a lot.

Cheers,

Fabian

Genius
Genius

install -uids <UID>

I'm skeptical that decoding this will help in database improvement/optimizations.. Good luck!!

Experimenter
Experimenter

Perfect :)

Now the question remains, how the install utility does its magic...

Siemens Genius

For Databse improvement (all related to a type of database which you are using), but summary for all of databse:

1. used SSD drive for store database files, because very often a bottleneck is a storage sub-system
  2. need to have a value of RAM which will enough for placed database core in RAM
  3. need to have tuned lan, good idea for isolating database, Teamcenter server components in separate subnetwork
  4. need to have schedule for general database maintenance
  5. you should use monitoring system which provided from you database developer

All the best, Alexey.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks Alexey,

I was more looking for Database Partitioning in MSSQL for very large Databases.

So the question remains, how the UID ist generated :)

Maybe there is a way to find out which java class is used and reverse engineer the method of generation.

Cheers,

Fabian

Siemens Genius

>>I was more looking for Database Partitioning in MSSQL for very large Databases.

One of a customer in Russia (has more than 1000 active Teamcenter users) uses MSSQL as DB for TC, and he uses one server for DB, I don`t remember about CPUs which use, but I remember about RAM, 256Gb.

>>So the question remains, how the UID ist generated :)

Trust me, save your time and something read about general optimization ways for MS SQL it will be really useful for you

All the best, Alexey.