cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable the license usage tracking

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

It is a real shame, that it is not possible to maintain MRL without the stupid messages about reaching the usage limit for the current month.

How should I do my work when there is a limit forced on me that doesn't make any sense?

It would be great to get rid of the license usage tracking for licenses needed to maintain MRL and other modules needed for NX integration.

Limiting the usage of licenses needed for maintenance is just plain stupid.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX12.0

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
13 REPLIES

Re: How to disable the license usage tracking

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Can you give us a screen shot of the warning/limit message that is bugging you? When do you encounter the message(s)?

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

See the image below.TcLicenseUsageWarning.PNG

It makes no sense to restrict the license usage of these features, since they are essential to use and maintain MRL.

Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

I haven't seen that one before, but it looks like you may have been assigned an Occasional Author license, which is limited to 5 uses or 20 hours per month. 

Patrick (Pat) Kennedy, Sr. PLM Application Engineer, Acuity Solutions

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

The license usage tracking cannot be disabled. It looks like some other users don't like the message either as there already exists an ER: "ability to control license usage email notification warnings".

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

pkennedy wrote:

I haven't seen that one before, but it looks like you may have been assigned an Occasional Author license, which is limited to 5 uses or 20 hours per month. 

No, we only have full author and full consumer licenses, as an administrative user, NX user and member of the dba group, I need a full author license anyways.

Teamcenter is barking on the licenses used to maintain MRL, so makes no sense to restrict maintenance hours per month.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

xtof wrote:

The license usage tracking cannot be disabled. It looks like some other users don't like the message either as there already exists an ER: "ability to control license usage email notification warnings".

Thanks, so I will pester GTAC for getting rid of this nonsense Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hurray, entered classification today the first time in this month and got the notification that I have only 4 logins left to access it and this with 20 days left for this month.

Task Name:
The usage of the feature key "classification_user" has exceeded the allotted usage limit for the current month.
Usage of this feature key will be blocked after "4" unique grace logins.

Who on earth can be that stupid to develop such useless checking features Robot Mad

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Dude, you have an "occasional" license. It's designed for limited access. If you access it more frequently then you need to be using a "consumer" or "author" license.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Stefan, I see you're using MRL 3.1.4 with Teamcenter 10.1.7.  I have customers running MRL 3.1.4 with Tc 10.1.4, MRL 3.1.5 with Tc 10.1.5.1, and MRL 3.1.7 with Tc 10.1.7.  At no time have any of them run into the warning message you are receiving, so I think the error is specific to how your environment is setup.

You get access to Classification through your MRL license (TCM055010), and you say you have a "full author".  Please confirm you are using a TC10101 license, not TC10103.  Then I suggest you look at your SPLM License Manager log to see if all of your TCM055010 licenses are being used by other users.  If the log shows you have TCM055010 "out" when you receive the warning message, then I suggest you contact your reseller or GTAC to log a support incident.

Patrick (Pat) Kennedy, Sr. PLM Application Engineer, Acuity Solutions