Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find type of class-attribute using SOA API ?

Phenom
Phenom

How to find class attribute information (in particular, storage type) using SOA API ?

For ex. for inputs class name "ItemRevision" and attribute name "object_name", the output should be "String".

I cannot using ModelObject.GetProperty() in this use case, bacause there's no object available.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES

Re: How to find type of class-attribute using SOA API ?

Please refer PropDescriptorService. This may help you.!!!

Phenom
Phenom
Thanks!! will try it out and share the results.

Phenom
Phenom
Thanks @rajesh_arumugam. API PropDescriptorService.GetAttachedPropDescs() gave me all details of properties.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi @xplm2005,

How to acquire form field information? (For a WorkspaceObject with the Object_type of "Form" )

For ex. a 'Form' with the field "Material", the output would return the string containing the value entered for that field.

Using DataManagementServices.GetProperties(formObjects, "Object_properties") is not loading this property for Forms. As such I kept digging and found GetAttachedPropDescs which would seem to be applicable as the Forms I'm seeing contain the SoaType field which contains the PropDescs field. This field appears to hold the properties (or at least the property names, from what I see) of a given form. Based on your question here, is GetAttachedPropDescs() applicable to forms? Can't find much on the use of this function aside from this post.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Unsure of how this function returns the actual value as the .chm specifies the inputs as the type name and input list of property names.