Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to integrate Teamcenter with SAP

I found that t 4 s module is used to integrate Teamcenter with SAP.

But I can understand the concept of it.

But I didn't understand how it works from tecnical point.

Actually I am trying founding some reference for it. After reading the references, I could undestand only concept of it. 

What would like to know is what kind technical things such as some tools is used to intefrate teamenter with SAP.  I don't know how to connect it to SAP.

Do you have any idea about it? 

If you have it, could you explain it cleary?

4 REPLIES

Re: How to integrate Teamcenter with SAP

Basically, T4S can use multiple mechanisms to connect to an external application. It can use direct database calls (JDBC) or calls through web services (SOAP/REST) or even through a flat file exchange (XML). There have been many prebuilt-in functions for talking to SAP for Materials Management, Document Management, Bill of Materials, Change Management, Routing, Equipment, Functional Location, and more. The communication mechanism will be replaced at a future date with the Teamcenter Integration Framework (TcIF). The language used to map the fields and transformations of data between Teamcenter and SAP is TCL.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Thank you.

Now my problem is I don't know how to intsalle the T4S module such as how to access to SAP server because I need to talk with cosutomer especially about configuration part.

What kind of setting will I do in SAP side and Teamceter side?

From my understanding of T4S module, The date in TC access to SAP server through the SAP client.

is this correct?

If so, to integrate SAP with Teamcenter, what kind of setting do I need to do for teamceter to access to SAP server? Especially in SAP, what kind of setting Do I have to do?

And the famous answer is ... it depends. The installation and setup are well covered in the docs that come with T4S. However, I have had security problems with the account that logs into SAP in the past and had to grant access beyond what was listed. Your mileage may vary.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2