cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to -kill a 2 Tier TAO window

Creator
Creator

When we first installed 2 tier we had assistance from Siemens to get everything up and going correctly. Since then, we had a hardware failure and had to reload everything. I remember the person from Siemens instructing me to add a -kill to a .bat file to close the TAO window when exiting TC. Does anyone know what file I need to add this to and where in the file to add it?

Thanks,

6 REPLIES

Re: How to -kill a 2 Tier TAO window

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

You can just close the TAO window. I think you're referring to another running command; fccstat.  There's something written somewhere that suggests adding a fccstat -kill or -stop command as part of a user's OS logoff script to minimize the occurrence of a corrupt FCC cache.

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
CAxPLM Architect @ Siemens Molecular Imaging
Past Board Member @ PLM World, Inc,

Creator
Creator
It may be fccstat... I searched around before posting the question and all I could find was fccstat results. I know in our previous setup, we added -kill to something that would automatically close the TAO window when I exit TC. I'm just trying to locate that something.

Thanks for the reply

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
You didn't say which version of Teamcenter you're on? In older versions of Teamcenter (Engineering), you could add a kill command at the bottom of portal.bat to close TAO when you closed Teamcenter. It doesn't work for newer versions of Teamcenter (Unified).

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Creator
Creator
We are on version 10.1.4

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
That's Tc Unified so you won't be able to automatically close the TAO window by including the command in portal.bat. You can create a script that you can run after closing Teamcenter but its easier to just click the X.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Legend
Legend

You could use "taskkill" command. C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe

---

Thanks and Regards

Yogesh Fegade