Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to know / How to list all the Top Level Assembly Items? Using a Query? PLMXML?

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Greetings to this awesome community!!

This is my first post and i have a Simple Question (But I find is not that simple..) about Top Level Assemblies in Teamcenter (11.4), so here are the question:

There's any way to know what is the TOP LEVEL assembly Item in Teamcenter?

I want to list all of the top level assembly items in my Teamcenter database and make a report, but i don't know if it's using a query or using PLMXML. I do some tests using anothers default reports as base but have no luck.. 

I made a query that list me every item with a BOMView but some of that items are sub-asm so it doesn't work either..

Can anyone help me with that?

Thanks a lot for your help!

3 REPLIES

Re: How to know / How to list all the Top Level Assembly Items? Using a Query? PLMXML?

I don't think their is a good way to do this with OOTB configuration as all BOMS are single level BOMS that can be part of a assy again. So TC does not see the difference between a TOP-level-assy or Sub-assy

I know some customers define a top-level-assy specificly with a other item type or attribute but also here it is not garuanteed that it is realy a top level.

The other method that could work is to write a custom report to do a where-used on all items to top-level and list the uniq items. we did this for a customer where they wanted to find all top-levels for a specific selection. i guess to do it for a whole database you will run into performance issues though.

not an expert but this is my experience, maybe someone else know a working solution ? Smiley Happy

Re: How to know / How to list all the Top Level Assembly Items? Using a Query? PLMXML?

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

If finding all items that have children, but aren't referenced in another assembly then you can get there with Query Builder.

For imprecise structures you want to find Items with a BOM View, and that aren't referenced as a PSOccurrence child item.

The query will be similar to...

000167.jpg

You will need to tweak this a bit for precise assemblies; Look for ItemRevision and check for structure_revisions not null.

Greetings! 

That Works for me! i was testing this weeks and it list all of my assemblies in Test Environment.

Thanks a lot for your help! 

Best regards!