Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to manage multiple NX versions and configurations within Teamcenter 11.2.3

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Dear Teamcenter experts,

We've got a Engineering company customer which has the desire to work managed with NX (multiple versions, and different customer configurations) in Teamcenter. (NX 8.5, NX 9, NX 11 and NX 12)

So the discussion topic is; How do you manage multiple NX versions within Teamcenter (11.2.3)? 

For NX11 and NX12  i've found a basic start up tool which can be configured quite simply. 

see link > Nx Launcher

And the NX help also reffers to a Teamcenter setup where the "wanted" NX environment can be selected in the Teamcenter Richclient with the configuration of these preferences. 

see links> Preferences  Richclient NX env selection (according to NX help) 

Now i 'am wondering. this would be nice, but in the Teamcenter Help 11.2.3 i cannot find any reference of this functionality..

But I would still like to make sure that end-users do not make a NX version save error. 

For Example; Opening a NX 8.5 assy in NX 12 and saving it (by accident), thus making it no longer readable for the other engineers working in NX 8.5.

So a few questions below;

- How do you manage multiple nx versions in Teamcenter? 

- How do you enable this "NX environment" selection in the "User settings" from Teamcenter? image.png

image.png

- Are there preferences that disable NX 12 launch on a NX 8 part / assy for example? 

So a user is not able to mess up the nx version from a part, (backwards incompatibility, you'll know)

- What configuration would you advise to show the NX version saved for the end user?

I was thinking stylesheet addition (NX Version) on IR or DS, together with some kind of failsafe preference

OR

AMRuleTree modifications taking the user session  "NX environment" in to account, and not giving read acces to I / IR / DS which is savend in a certain NX version.. 

Looking forward to your reactions,

Regards,

Maarten de Vries

4 REPLIES

Re: How to manage multiple NX versions and configurations within Teamcenter 11.2.3

Phenom
Phenom

Good afternoon, I tried to do it myself, I now have the same Teamcenter 11.2.3, but with NX11 and it looks like it does not work for me.

I looked in the NX11 reference and did not find such a description there, it seems that it was added only in the NX12 help. I also looked at the help of Teamcenter 11.4 and the same did not find anything related to these settings.

I do not really understand with which version of Teamcenter this should work and why it is not in the Teamcenter help, most likely you need to contact GTAC.

Re: How to manage multiple NX versions and configurations within Teamcenter 11.2.3

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Are you using different groups or projects for the Customers you work on with a perticular NX Version?

In that case you can store the NX Version as an Attribute and use the RuleTree with Has Attribute for the group or project.

If the users work for different customers with different NX Versions, you could use PLM Startcenter. There you can define all kind of combinations: see attachment

I do not really understand with which version of Teamcenter this should work and why it is not in the Teamcenter help, most likely you need to contact GTAC. > Check i'll go ahead and contact them.

In that case you can store the NX Version as an Attribute and use the RuleTree with Has Attribute for the group or project.

Ok ill have to think about this one. To be continued.