cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to open ugslmd daemons ephemeral ports in LINUX firewall? Is it secure to open?

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

I want to add lmgrd and ugslmd daemons for to firewall exception in LINUX firewall. I have added added exceptions for lmgrd port, but I dont know how to add exception for ugslmd port number as it changes when we restart the service?  Please help me to add ugslmd port number to LINUX firewall exception. Is there something like program-specific exception on LINUX instead of port specific?(I tried service specific exception but in service specific exception the port number is fix and in our case the port number is not fix.) What is the best practises for LINUX corporate server? Your help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

1 REPLY

Re: How to open ugslmd daemons ephemeral ports in LINUX firewall? Is it secure to open?

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
To make your job easier, instead of opening a range of ports, you can tell ugslmd to use a specific port for responses. You do this by adding PORT=28005 to the VENDOR line in the license file.
VENDOR ugslmd PORT=28005

Restart the license service after modifying the license file and check the splm_ugslmd.log for errors. Now you only need to open 28000 and 28005.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2