Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to proceed if you are stuck during installing Teamcenter

Creator
Creator

Dear experts,

I am performing Teamcenter 11.2 installation for the first time. I am currenly stuck with a certain step 5 of 120 steps of installation. The process has thrown an exception and I cannot find the root cause.

Question: How do you usually tackle such setbacks? What steps do you follow? Where do you look for information?

Regards

6 REPLIES

Re: How to proceed if you are stuck during installing Teamcenter

Phenom
Phenom

Good afternoon,
The log file of the Teamcenter installation is usually located in the TC_ROOT\install directory (install_XXXXX_ХХХХХХXXXX.log). When installing Teamcenter, many utilities are executed, as a rule their logs are stored in the TC_ROOT\logs\ХХХХХХXXXX directory.

Look at the installation log, find the error, if it was generated by the utility, then there you will find the path to the utility log in the directory TC_ROOT\logs\ХХХХХХXXXX where you can get more information about the error

Creator
Creator

Thanks again for your response and inputs.

I see the following error causes the current problem. Any idea what could be the cause?

Phenom
Phenom

Hello, you looked at the error in the general setup log, now you need to look at the log of the utility bmide_schema, which is located on the path E:\Programs\Siemens\TC11\logs\1807140035\tc_install.log

Check it for errors or post it here

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Errors so early in the install are usually either license issues or database access issues. You have encountered an error even before the infodba Teamcenter user has been created. Hence, user = otto and password = matic. Once infodba is created then infodba user and password will be used. You will only understand the cause of the error by reviewing the util specific logs as pointed out by @Aurthur3.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Creator
Creator

Thanks @RandyEllsworth and @ArthurRM.

Actually, I created infodba manually before hand (following instructions documented by a former colleague).

I have to check further.

Phenom
Phenom

Good afternoon, it looks like you have problems with the license:

FLEXlm initialization failed

Verify that the license server is up and running correctly, verify that the license server is accessible using the ping command in cmd, and the port that is registered in the license file is not blocked by the firewall