cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove a BOM view revision

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi, all

We met this problem, can't delete item BVR. Since the item is customized, it does not have Item BVR for us. And we store an assembly in one item. Sometimes, there appear BVR in some items, we usually perform impact analysis and cut the relations and are able to delete it. This works in TC 9. Recently, we upgraded to 11.2.3, that method is no longer working. 

Is there any changes to 11 from 9? Any extra steps or preferences to perform or setup? 

Thanks for any help!!!

17 REPLIES

Re: How to remove a BOM view revision

In your screenshot you are selected on the BV (BOM view) not the BVR (BOM View Revision - located under Item Revision). Validate the BVR is empty, then try deleting the BVR first then the BV. Does that work?

Jamie

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello Jamie,

Sorry for the wrong term. We want to remove BVR and BV both.

So my BVR is not empty, there is that item at the top level. How do I clear it and delete BVR first in this case. I tried to "REMOVE" (edit->remove) it, error is shown in figure. Please advise.

Untitled1.png

That is the Item Revision that the BVR is attached to. This looks correct and empty. You don't want to see anything below this level if you are trying to delete a BVR. Try deleting the BVR now. What happens? Are you in a DBA role or another role that has delete access?

Jamie

Pioneer
Pioneer

That is where things go different after upgrade. In the past, we can edit the BVR. Please see error.

I am dba and have delete right shown right below, i have my bypass turned on. I was trying to figure out what is "property BOM view"? I saw other posts, it only says "BOM view".Untitled3.png

I just did a quick search on Solutions Center. It is a bug. You need to call Gtac and report it. I found at least 3 PR's about this message when upgrading to 11.x. All say fixed in 11.3 with one saying:

This is regression from core the team 

It has been fixed in tc1.3 via PR 7959075, 
and will be fixed in 11.2.3.1_a01. 

On PR mentions a workaround but doesn't specify what that is. They should be able to share that with you. If they do, please share here for others.

Siemens PLM believes that the problem you reported where an error is seen trying to delete an empty BOM View Revision will be resolved by code changes made to the release of our product Teamcenter v11.3.  A workaround is available, please contact GTAC if required.

Jamie

Phenom
Phenom

@will1  The error menas the property named "BOM View Revisions" is not modifiable. This is a property on ItemRevision.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks so much for the searching and answers, Jamie.  My admin already filed a PR on it. We are waiting for GTAC. Hopefully I can be included to know the solutions. I'll post it here.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

@will1: Does 'where referenced POM' (impact analysis) show any additional objects associated to BOMView or BOMView Revision? 

To bring up 'where referenced POM', you will have to add a preference: WhereReferencePOMPref = 1.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Removing a BVR (and BV) has always been difficult. You basically have to first remove all occurrences from every BVR this IR is used in (keep a list). Once the IR is removed from every other BVR then you can delete the offending IR BVR (which will also delete the BV). Now you have to go back and add the IR back into all the BVR's it was removed from. A lot of work with no shortcuts that I know of.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2