cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove a checked out dataset?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Here is a good one.

I have a MS Power Point dataset that was originally checked out using the MS Office client. The user went home for the week-end and came back on Monday without closing his Teamcenter session.

Noew the datset is shown as checked out, but if I try to check it in... quess what! the system says "Object is not checked out". But I can see from the icon and the properties that it actually is. All check-in and out, cancel fail.

Any ideas? or do I log it to GTAC?

Cheers

3 REPLIES

Re: How to remove a checked out dataset?

Genius
Genius

Did you try PURGE dataset option?

You can also try dataset_cleanup utility just for that specifice one and see the report.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hi,

With my previous customer, I had come across this problem for field engineers who were using MS office TC integration (through TC add-in) and there were frequent problems of the nature you reported.

I would suggest to report it to GTAC as this is a common use case for people working with MS Office.

In my view, the 'de-links' typically occur because MS Office Integration is based on 'OAI' architecture.

To fix this issues, I had in past executed the 'dataset_cleanup' and 'purge_datasets' (on prod replica db first) to sync the Teamcenter visual flags...in some cases, update of checked_out attributes was also required.

Let us know how it works out for you.

Best Regards

Harish

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the info Harish.

Ill do all the normal dataset clean up first and then get onto GTAC.

Ill post the out come Smiley Happy

TC