Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to start the workflow if attached object property is not equal to -1

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi , 

I want to start my workflow only if the value of a particular form attribute is anything other than -1 . 

5 REPLIES

Re: How to start the workflow if attached object property is not equal to -1

Phenom
Phenom

Experimenter
Experimenter
i tried using it but in this case workflow is working only if the value of property is -1 but i want the task to complete only if the value is not -1

Phenom
Phenom

I think you can use this handler with the condition task or use the condition task with the query

Betreff: How to start the workflow if attached object property is not equal to -1

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

You can't use the EPM-check-object-properties handler to check on 'IS NOT'-values. It is possible with a condition task and a query: property  IS NOT  -1. Unfortunately, you can't check with condition task before starting the workflow process. So, you need to route to a do task, to invite the user to correct the property or any of the target objects.

Another solution is to check the property before start with a TCPB Workflow Handler by using regex. This is possible with the TCPB (Teamcenter Power Box) AddOn. Available with costs in GTAC only in German speaking regions.

Michael
Teamcenter UA | NX CAD

Betreff: How to start the workflow if attached object property is not equal to -1

Phenom
Phenom

Good afternoon @Michael_Ruhnke I would like to see regular expression support from OOTB.
I think it should be in Query Builder and Workflow handlers, this is something that I often lack from OOTB.