Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to suppress messages in Teamcenter

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Hello

In some cases, messages (error messages or warnings) appear in Teamcenter. For example, the message "No CGM data found in part file and Failed to open the document" appears when preview of drawing is not possible in the embedded viewer.

To my questions:

1. Is it possible to suppress the mentioned message?
2. Is it possible to influence the appearance of messages in Teamcenter?

I am grateful for any advice.

Best regards
Nelson

3 REPLIES

Re: How to suppress messages in Teamcenter

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
That is a little strange as I would expect to see a "Properties" page displayed if there wasn't an image available? How do users reach this message (what steps do they follow)?

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Hello Randy

Thank you for your reply.

The message appears, when you select the embedded viewer in Teamcenter.

Detailed steps required to duplicate the behaivor:

1. create an UGMASTER in NX > save

2. create a drawing UGPART of the UGMASTER in NX > save

3. Select UGPART in MyTeamcenter --> Embedded viewer shows cgm drawing

4. Close all parts in NX

5. Open UGMASTER which was created in step 1

6. Select Save as in NX --> create new Revision or new Item --> doesn't matter

7. Select UGPART of new created revision or new created item in MyTeamcenter --> Embedded viewer shows error "No CGM data found in part file and Failed to open the document error"

If revise or save as is made in Teamcenter, the cgm preview of the UGPART is still avaible.

Some messages in Teamcenter can be suppressed by preferences. It would be interesting if this can be done using an other method.

Regards,

Nelson

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
The CGM of the drawing is created upon save (see NX Save Options). Completely valid to get that message when you Save-As in TC but don't open/save in NX which generates the CGM. CGM is obviously not being copied forward (a good thing) so I'm not sure that I understand your statement "the cgm preview of the UGPART is still avaible".

Why suppress a valid error message as it tells the user they need to open/save in NX? I believe you can control which objects are shown in the viewer by default and their order by modifying defaultViewerConfig.VIEWERCONFIG.

You could also implement the NxToCgmDirect translator but without saving the "master" first I don't think it would be useful. At NX9 the raster format was changed from .jpg to .png which caused some viewer issues and can be changed back using "set UGII_CGM_RASTER_ELEMENT=rle_cell" (run-length-encoded cell array) in nxtocgmdirect.bat.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4