Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to use the EPM-move-attached-objects?

Siemens Creator Siemens Creator
Siemens Creator

Hello gurus... 

I'm trying to use the action handler EPM-move-attached-objects to switch the relation of an object but without success...
I'd like to move one object from problem_item to impacted_item like the image bellow.

Untitled.png

I know that I can use the epm-create-relation, but I need to remove the old relation, so I think that the EPM-move-attached-object should be the best solution.

Anyone can give me some examples or tips in how I can use these handler?

TC11.5

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How to use the EPM-move-attached-objects?

Phenom
Phenom

I use this handler a lot, but for moving between targets and references not how you are using it.

I'm using 11.2.2 and the handler always behaves... Do you get any error messages, anything in syslog, is an ACL applied giving you permission to remove and add, or is just not doing it?   

Rich

Richard Bennett
PLM Consultant
www.ProspectPLM.co.uk

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

As far as I know this handler just moves or copies the root task attachments between the different attachment types.

In all cases the primary end of the relation is always the root task of the workflow.

If you're hoping that you can change relations on an ECN that's on the workflow then I don't think this handler directly supports that.

You could probably shuffle things around on an ECN by combining EPM-attach-related-objects, EPM-move-attached-objects, EPM-set-properties, and EPM-create-relation, but it'll be a lot of work and plenty of chances for things to go wrong.

Siemens Creator
Thank you! Now I understand how this handler works... I was trying to change the relation of the object, but the handler change the attachment type...

Siemens Creator

Thanks!! You're right!! This handler move between workflow attachments types and not relations!!