Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to work with trunk/branches in Teamcenter

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to store different design variants of an item within the same revision. Like working with a trunk (main design) an branches (design variants). Its should also be possible to merge a defined variant (branches) with the main design (trunk).

Are there any methods to do this in Teamcenter 10.1?

I tried several approaches with baselines but this doens't cover my needs completely.

Any ideas are very welcome.

3 REPLIES

Re: How to work with trunk/branches in Teamcenter

What you are describing might be "Branch Configuration" enabled by preference PSEEnableBranchConfiguration. It's part of BOM Variability. However the branching shown in the docs is with different revisions and not the same revision.

Another possibility is Intermediate Data Capture (IDC) but it doesn't support branching and puts limitations on your environment.

I haven't used either of these so to me they are theoretical. In other words, be careful out there on the fringe. You are wandering into territory few travel.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Hello Randy

Thank you very much for your fast reply.

IDC was also an possibility i tried out. But it wasn't the solution for my problem.

I will check out PSEEnableBranchConfiguration. This sounds, as you already said, more into BOM theme. This is actualy not what i'm searching for.

This need, to try out some different design variant during development activities, was already ask a couple of times by different customers. It's not that uncommon. 

The need is not uncommon but the applications that I pointed out are. Good luck.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2