Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am not able to find any dispatcher transaction in dispatcher administration console

Creator
Creator

Hi Team,

I am not able to find the transaction details in dispatcher console.

in staging directory all the transactions are available but in Dispatcher translation console we dont find any transation details.

The details are available only during the translation are in process, after the translation gets completed with or without error the details gets deleted from the administration console.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: I am not able to find any dispatcher transaction in dispatcher administration console

Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Make sure you installed the rich client feature, Dispatcher Client for Rich Client, or you won't see the menu.
https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/tc/12/help#uid:xid1256815:index_plm00072:id263146:xid36...
https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/tc/12/help#uid:xid1256815:index_plm00072:xid375740:xid9...

You have to find the requests using the Dispatcher Admin Console.
https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/tc/12/help/#uid:xid1256815:index_plm00072:xid375740:xid...

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Re: I am not able to find any dispatcher transaction in dispatcher administration console

Creator
Creator

Hi Randy,

I have read the links, all the features are installed.

Actually we lost our TC preferences all of a sudden and after that we came across this issue.

regards,

Rahul Singh

I've run across your issue twice in my career. The best guess from some very astute minds is that two people (admins?) were writing preferences at the same time. Preferences are stored in a BLOB in the database. In order to write the new prefs file to the blob, the old file is deleted and the new file written. Both people have to try and write to the BLOB in the same fraction of a second for this to be true. The only recourse is a complete restore of the database unless you have a backup of your site preference xml which, thankfully, we did. Only lost user prefs.

Creator
Creator

Randy I thought PDATA and PDATA_0 table store the prefereces

I am thinking to export these table which has all kind of preference user, group, site , environmental and keep as a backup. when ever preferences are lost I can import them in the DB.

regarding the dispatcher console I am not sure why we dont see the requests, though we have installed all kinds of components

I don't like backing up individual tables. Instead I ran preferences_manager to export the site preferences xml file and archived it. Simple to restore using this method. Now with newer version of Teamcenter, restoring from Admin Data is even simpler. Restoring db objects piecemeal is never a good idea.