Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I can't see my new workflow in the Process Template list when I create a new Workflow Process

Creator
Creator

Good morning,

I create a new workflow based in an existing one. In the based workflow, there aren't template filters but when I select a dataset that is accepted by this workflow (in this case BOMView Revision) it appears. But with the new one, that affects UGMASTER, then it doesn't appears (chech attached image). What I need to do? 

I tried to create a new Template filter too, but the OK button is never enabled (see the another attached image), so, despite it's not created for the base workflow, I can't create a template filter to solve the problem for the new one.

Can anyone help me?

Regards,

3 REPLIES

Re: I can't see my new workflow in the Process Template list when I create a new Workflow Process

Legend
Legend

Are you working 4 tier?  I find that when i modify the template filter I have have to log out and back in again of TC to see the changes.

Rich

Richard Bennett
PLM Consultant
www.ProspectPLM.co.uk

Re: I can't see my new workflow in the Process Template list when I create a new Workflow Process

Creator
Creator

Nop, 2Tier with TAO console Smiley Very Happy

I did it, so it's not a refresh problem...

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
I didn't see your Teamcenter version so this process will depend on your version. Likely you are using a workflow template filter which is why you don't see anything in the pulldown list. Check the value of these Tc preferences:
CR_allow_alternate_procedures
TC_<object_type>_release_procedure
Note: the object type should be ItemRevision and not UGMASTER since you usually release IR's and their children and not Datasets directly.

In Tc11.2 the above workflow filtering is deprecated and the functionality moved to BMIDE but you can revert the behavior by setting WRKFLW_use_legacy_template_filter=true. If the pref is false then you will be using the new condition-based mechanism and need to define and deploy them.

You assign conditions (created in BMIDE) to the root task of a workflow in the Workflow Task Attributes Panel using the Filter Conditions pulldown. Here's an example condition:
WFFilterItemRevisions(WorkspaceObject o, ImanType t, UserSession u) :=
((o!=null) AND u.fnd0ConditionHelper.fnd0isSubTypeOf(o, "ItemRevision"))
OR ((t!= null) AND u.fnd0ConditionHelper.fnd0isSubTypeOf(t, "ItemRevision"))
AND u.fnd0ConditionHelper.fnd0isSubGroupOf( u.group, "Engineeering" )

Unfortunately, the new condition functionality is exclusive instead of inclusive like the legacy functionality. So you are excluding WF's which complicates the logic to hide all non-applicable WF's instead of simply including the one WF you want. I'm not a fan.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4