cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to know expected reasons about data_share error.

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Hi All,

I would like to know the expected reasons about below error.

System environment :

1. Server OS Platform : AIX

2. Software Version : TC 8.3.3

I have been using the Teamcenter to multi site a few. (ex: Korea, China, India).

From three months ago,

I got an error when sending a data to other sites by data_share utility from site in Korea.

ex>

> data_share -item_id=MC*****4901 -all_released_revs -f=send -site=CHINA_TAPLM
> data_share -item_id=MC*****4901 -all_released_revs -f=send -site=INDIA_TAPLM

Additional informations :

- Frequency of occurrence : Sometimes.

- Always reproducible?      :  Randomly

- Specific aata issue ?         : No, It would be success if i try again a few times.

Contents of the error store:-                ERROR100107 Attempted function idsm_export_status at site CHINA_TAPLM on host 중국.lge.com.                ERROR 41178 FSC proxy error: "FSC_Transfer error -9204: "IO_ERROR_2{00000000000014b9586231eb0b0b34e1}{java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out}         "".                 7 seconds to POM DB x-act         SS_create:  failed to create file $TC_LOG/system.log         ****Directory $TC_LOG does not exist         *** NOTE:: in line 888 of /plm/cynas/tce_iproot2/units/tc8334x_aix/src/core/tc/log_itk.cxx at Wed Jun 21 09:51:50 2017 KORST         +++ Failed to create log file $TC_LOG/system.log for 1071         Successfully loaded dynamic module /engn001/infodba/GPDM/Teamcenter8/lib/libdocmgtapp.so         Successfully loaded dynamic module /engn001/infodba/GPDM/Teamcenter8/lib/libtccore.so         DMI:Smiley Very HappyMI__verify_image called on a dataset of type Text, which cannot be marked up             this dataset type has the following 1 reference names                 Text             none of which are in the TC_markup_named_ref preference list of 12 markup-able reference types                 Image                 Quickshade-Image                 PLT                 BMP                 CAL                 TIFF                 Graphics-Interface                 JTPART                 Sheet                 PDF                 JPEG                 TIF         Remote function failed - returning error 41178 instead of 100107         DATA_SHARE:     ***ERROR: Unable to send objects to site CHINA_TAPLM         Contents of the error store:-                ERROR100107 Attempted function idsm_export_status at site CHINA_TAPLM on host 중국.lge.com.                ERROR 41178 FSC proxy error: "FSC_Transfer error -9204: "IO_ERROR_2{00000000000014b9586231eb0b0b34e1}{java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out}         "".                         Contents of the error store:-                 DATA_SHARE: ***ERROR: Failed to send objects             Error 41178 - FSC proxy error: "".                 Contents of the error store:-                ERROR 41178 FSC proxy error: "".                 Among [1438] calls for POM_refresh_instances we have [0] misses and [0] new loads         RIL_tidy_foreign_locks find [2] f-locks         @@@ End of session Wed Jun 21 09:51:55 2017 KORST   

Regards,
Jeon

2 REPLIES

Re: I want to know expected reasons about data_share error.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
It looks like you have a couple of issues but they all relate to timing out.
1. KOREA_TAPLM attempts to reach the FSC at CHINA_TAPLM but times out (read) causing a cascade of errors.
2. KOREA_TAPLM cannot write to TC_DATA\log_<db_server>_<db_instance>\system.log. Is path to TC_DATA a UNC path (\\server\share\tc_data)? The share was temporarily unavailable.
3. Dataset "Text" not added to TC_markup_named_ref. This may be true but isn't relevant (red herring).

My guess is that the number of semiphores needs to be increased. It seems that the server (KOREA_TAPLM) gets busy and cannot respond to the data_share request before timing out. Retrying when the processor is less busy is successful. You'll find a lot of similar IR/PR's on GTAC.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Re: I want to know expected reasons about data_share error.

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Thanks for quickly reply.

It will be help a lot. I will check more.

Regards,

Jeon