Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to know expected reasons about data_share error.

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Hi All,

I would like to know the expected reasons about below error.

System environment :

1. Server OS Platform : AIX

2. Software Version : TC 8.3.3

I have been using the Teamcenter to multi site a few. (ex: Korea, China, India).

From three months ago,

I got an error when sending a data to other sites by data_share utility from site in Korea.

ex>

> data_share -item_id=MC*****4901 -all_released_revs -f=send -site=CHINA_TAPLM
> data_share -item_id=MC*****4901 -all_released_revs -f=send -site=INDIA_TAPLM

Additional informations :

- Frequency of occurrence : Sometimes.

- Always reproducible?      :  Randomly

- Specific aata issue ?         : No, It would be success if i try again a few times.

Contents of the error store:-                ERROR100107 Attempted function idsm_export_status at site CHINA_TAPLM on host 중국.lge.com.                ERROR 41178 FSC proxy error: "FSC_Transfer error -9204: "IO_ERROR_2{00000000000014b9586231eb0b0b34e1}{java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out}         "".                 7 seconds to POM DB x-act         SS_create:  failed to create file $TC_LOG/system.log         ****Directory $TC_LOG does not exist         *** NOTE:: in line 888 of /plm/cynas/tce_iproot2/units/tc8334x_aix/src/core/tc/log_itk.cxx at Wed Jun 21 09:51:50 2017 KORST         +++ Failed to create log file $TC_LOG/system.log for 1071         Successfully loaded dynamic module /engn001/infodba/GPDM/Teamcenter8/lib/libdocmgtapp.so         Successfully loaded dynamic module /engn001/infodba/GPDM/Teamcenter8/lib/libtccore.so         DMI:Smiley Very HappyMI__verify_image called on a dataset of type Text, which cannot be marked up             this dataset type has the following 1 reference names                 Text             none of which are in the TC_markup_named_ref preference list of 12 markup-able reference types                 Image                 Quickshade-Image                 PLT                 BMP                 CAL                 TIFF                 Graphics-Interface                 JTPART                 Sheet                 PDF                 JPEG                 TIF         Remote function failed - returning error 41178 instead of 100107         DATA_SHARE:     ***ERROR: Unable to send objects to site CHINA_TAPLM         Contents of the error store:-                ERROR100107 Attempted function idsm_export_status at site CHINA_TAPLM on host 중국.lge.com.                ERROR 41178 FSC proxy error: "FSC_Transfer error -9204: "IO_ERROR_2{00000000000014b9586231eb0b0b34e1}{java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out}         "".                         Contents of the error store:-                 DATA_SHARE: ***ERROR: Failed to send objects             Error 41178 - FSC proxy error: "".                 Contents of the error store:-                ERROR 41178 FSC proxy error: "".                 Among [1438] calls for POM_refresh_instances we have [0] misses and [0] new loads         RIL_tidy_foreign_locks find [2] f-locks         @@@ End of session Wed Jun 21 09:51:55 2017 KORST   

Regards,
Jeon

5 REPLIES

Re: I want to know expected reasons about data_share error.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
It looks like you have a couple of issues but they all relate to timing out.
1. KOREA_TAPLM attempts to reach the FSC at CHINA_TAPLM but times out (read) causing a cascade of errors.
2. KOREA_TAPLM cannot write to TC_DATA\log_<db_server>_<db_instance>\system.log. Is path to TC_DATA a UNC path (\\server\share\tc_data)? The share was temporarily unavailable.
3. Dataset "Text" not added to TC_markup_named_ref. This may be true but isn't relevant (red herring).

My guess is that the number of semiphores needs to be increased. It seems that the server (KOREA_TAPLM) gets busy and cannot respond to the data_share request before timing out. Retrying when the processor is less busy is successful. You'll find a lot of similar IR/PR's on GTAC.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Thanks for quickly reply.

It will be help a lot. I will check more.

Regards,

Jeon

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi, 

I am getting the same issue when I am trying to import the item from site ABC to XYZ.

Can You please let me know what is the route cause of this issue?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Please find attached syslog

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
The log shows that muitisite (ODS, IDSM) are functioning normally. You have some site inconsistencies where one site does not have Mfg installed while the other does (pom_transmit?). And the Org looks to be different, at least for a specific User, which I'm guessing is the owner of one of the objects being transferred from your 2tier RAC instance.

You successfully transferred 9 of 39 objects so multisite is working. You have an FSC read error on object 10 of 39. Your problem is with the object and not your multisite configuration. Look deeper into the object that failed to find the root cause of the failure.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4