Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'ID Generation Rule' - Intelligent Part Number

Genius
Genius

Exploring to configure 'General Part Number' format in the TC BMIDE. To achieve that, below steps have to be performed as per the doc.

1) New ID Generation Rule creation(BMIDE -> Extensions -> Rules).

2) New Business object under the 'Fnd0BaseIdGenerator' as a child type. (BMIDE -> Business Objects). Configure the properties/LOVs to this new object.

3) Attaching the above step 2 object with property to the ID Generation Rule created in step 1.

Documented the issue(s) faced and attached with this email.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: 'ID Generation Rule' - Intelligent Part Number

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

@Venny - I've always experienced the error in BMIDE when relaunching if I leave the ID Generator tab open. If you close it, you won't see it. I don't know why it does this but never stopped me from it functioning correctly when deployed. But looking at your screenshots and the last issue: if you look at your first screenshot, it shows the ID generator is already attached to the V5MapicsPart.item_id. I guess I don't see or understand the problem. What property are you trying to attach the ID generator to?

Jamie Griffis | Teamcenter Architect | Applied CAx, LLC

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Thanks for your prompt response

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

@NagaSantoshK - I'd think changing the Item ID after it is created would need to be custom code. Essentially you are changing the Item ID which may or may not already exist in the database, so you'd have to do some validations.

Look at this post, scroll down to where Arden is explaining a different method to show a smart part number. Maybe something like this could help your situation.

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Teamcenter-Administrators-Forum/Intelligent-Part-num...

Jamie Griffis | Teamcenter Architect | Applied CAx, LLC

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Thank you. Got it.

If you could help for below detailed requirement, it would be more helpful.

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Teamcenter-Administrators-Forum/BMIDE-Auto-generate-...

Thanks,

Naga Santosh K