Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Identify if a Revision is Latest in Structure Manager

[ Edited ]

Hello All,

Example: I have an Item with 10 Revisions and if i send an assembly to Structure Manager containing one of those 10 Revisions, i would like Structure Manager to tell me if the revision used in my Structure is "Latest"

Do we already have an OOTB attribute for this? I am using TC 11.2.1

Or is it possible only by defining a Custom Runtime Property? Thanks

4 REPLIES

Re: Identify if a Revision is Latest in Structure Manager

Use different status for the revisions like Released for the one that is latest and Cancelled for all previous.

Then you can see if there is a revision that isn't in status Released.

As addition to this we have a rule in the workflow stating that you can't set the assy in status Released if the children isn't in that status.

Can also say that we use Precise mode but have started to look at using ruled based but it requieres a different mindset and engineers needs to understand how the rules are applied and we arn't there on all yet.

It's also on site level Precis or not is set but it would have been good if we could have applied different rule to different groups in our company.

The easiest way to obtain the latest revisions in Structure Manager is to set your assembly to imprecise and use the "Latest" revision rule. After the latest have been loaded then set the assembly back to precise during the workflow just before the release status is applied.
You should consider a business process where the assembly is set to imprecise upon revise/save_as then set to precise before released.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Thanks Randy for the Reply.

We need this attribute as a standard one in Structure Manager so users get to see if the BOM line in the assembly is latest or not irrespective of the user having read only access to the assembly or edit permission to the assembly.

I have come across such attribute in one of the OEM where they have a special attribute for this.

Thanks for your reply.

The issue with setting different status is bit complex. There are scenarios where two different revisions of same item are still valid in different context / assemblies. In this case it wouldn't be consistent to assign Cancel status to older revisions.