Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Import of JT assemblies

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Can JT files containing assemblies (monolithic or splitted) be parsed into product structures (i.e. items with BVRs linking another items) during the import into Teamcenter? In NX we can import assembly. Is there a resembling function in Teamcenter Visualization or any utility doing this with JT assembly?

I am using TC 10.1.5.

4 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author _bzuk_
‎01-21-2016 03:12 AM

Re: Import of JT assemblies

No there isn't.  I've submitted an ER on this a while back.  It's a glaring lack of functionality that astonished me when I realized (and confirmed via GTAC hotline) that this cannot be done via Teamcenter.

The only way is to do this is to use NX standalone to first convert the JT as NX files.  Then you can use NX Manager to import it to Teamcenter.

It's just too bad.  We receive JT files from our design partners and suppliers, and the only way other than using NX as mentioned above is to have them send monolithic JTs that we place into a single Item Revision to represent the entire assembly structure.  Of course this limits the ability to work with the assembly in CAD and has a major performance impact as well.

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
CAxPLM Architect @ Siemens Molecular Imaging
Past Board Member @ PLM World, Inc,

Hello Larry,
Thank you very much for answering.
I also created IR and GTAC answered me, the only way is to export PLMXML from standalone Teamcenter Visualization to Teamcenter, but that doesn't generate BVR in Teamcenter.
So I should create some kind of utility which would parse JT file, connect to Teamcenter, create or import JTs and then generate BVR.
Has anybody tried this? Should I use JT Open Toolkit to make such utility?

[ Edited ]

Has this been solved for TC 11.2.2? Do you have a link to the GTAC issue you filed?

I am trying to import a mono/polylithic JT assembly into teamcenter and be able to modify the assembly's sub-parts but I can't seem to solve it. I get the JT file imported but its not a modifiable structure per se. I guess its the same problem mentioned in this thread.

Thank you.

It's GTAC ER 6996534.

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
CAxPLM Architect @ Siemens Molecular Imaging
Past Board Member @ PLM World, Inc,