Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

In How many files Local FMS server (FCC) entry present in Teamcenter 2007 windows Client ?

I am trying to migrate one local FCC server from one site to other site.

but before doing that i need to check from client machine how Local FCC server is connected.

i checked in FCC.xml file and its pointing to Main FMS server. however if i stop local FCC server, user getting FMS error. i am unable to find in which file local FCC server is defined. can anyone please help me?  so that i can change the local FCC server entry in Teamcenter client machine and user continue there work till the FCC server migration.

Note: I am using Teamcenter 2007 on windows client.

2 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author PLM_Support
‎08-26-2016 08:10 AM

Re: In How many files Local FMS server (FCC) entry present in Teamcenter 2007 windows Client ?

There might be a little confusion with the terminology? An FCC (File Client Cache) runs in the workstation and talks to an FSC (File Server Cache) on a server. It's been a while since I've run Tc2007 and I don't have any installations using it anymore so I have to go from memory. The client specifies which ParentFSC it initially talks to in FCC.xml as stated. However, once the FSC is reached then the configuration of the FMS Master comes into play and assigns an appropriate FSC based on the IP address of the workstation (if config'd in the FMS Master). You also need to check the Fms_Bootstrap_Urls preference.

The best way to "move" the FSC is to first add the new server to the preference, then install Teamcenter on the new server and configure the FSC. Add it to the FMS Master and restart the FSC serving the FMS Master, Then restart the FSC service on the new server and check the TC_ROOT\fsc\FSC_*.stdout and FSC_*.stderr to make sure its working. Once completed then you can change the workstation FCC.xml parentfsc value to the new FSC server. After validating that you can open/save a datasete then you can shutoff and retire the old FSC server.

Another point, Tc2007 isn't supported and you should really be moving to more recent software releases. The perfomance improvements are considerable. Good luck!

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Re: In How many files Local FMS server (FCC) entry present in Teamcenter 2007 windows Client ?

Thank you so much, for your reply. 

i will check and ask you for help if needed.

Thank you,