Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Installing TC 11 continued

Pioneer
Pioneer

More issues!

See screen shots, It worked before but this time the java variables is driving me up the wall.

I am trying an earlier version to see if I can get the software to work.

Pioneer
Pioneer

I got passed the last issue by changing the folder permssions in windows and rebooting the computer.

Now this error is still there with the older version JDK-7u79 - both x86 and 64 bit.

This is really tiring, how to know what version is apropriate, and why is this one not aproriate?

Is it actually even possible to install the software?

Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor

I installed Tc11.2.1 over the weekend with no issues.

The NX0TCIN error means that you have not installed the NX Integration template on the foundation server (where server manager is installed). If the template is installed then you'll see folder TC_ROOT\install\nx0tcin (see screen shot).

The environment variables for Java are only used during the first TEM launch, after that the value is stored in a file TC_ROOT\install\tem_init.bat (see screen shot). It should point to JRE x64. Warning: spaces in the path can cause problems so if there are spaces in the path then you have to use the short names.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Pioneer
Pioneer

I think i tried it about 20 to 30 times, each time with a different configuration path names and so on.

I still get this. This time I tried to isolate the 64 bit kit and pointed to the spaceless pathname as I did about 5 times before.

How is the Teamcenter Rapid start 11 different from teamcenter rapid start 10? As I only have instructions for TCRS10.

I think I reached my limit now trying to install this software. I will try again next month when I forgot about the frutration and did some actual work. For us, we only need revision controll so this is excessive amount of time to get the functionality. Our local vendor instalation cost is very high so thats why I am trying myself. I guess the fact that I got it to run before was a bit of a carot to try and try again. Having waisted three working days on this is not helping much. is there anyone there who is willing to do this remotely, we are willing to pay as long as it does not cost the same as shipping my computer and myself there for four weeks...

Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor

There are plenty of folks, like myself, that do this for a living. We encourage remote work (VPN and RDP)since it eliminates travel and associated costing. Advice on Community is free yet if one-on-one mentoring is more your style then feel free to reach out to me directly.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4