cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing TeamCenter

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi,  We have been trying to install TC now over the last 4 days. There were many hurdles, at this stage we managed to install only TC11 as TC10 would not install.

Everything is installed now finally using Team Center Rapid Start.

A new issue popped up, but this time something we don't have answers for.

See the attached picture please. When loging in as infodba this error comes up.

I nderstnd we need to adjust a few settings in the organization app to enable the users to work, however we cant go any further.

Another question, our resseller explaines that TC11 will not work yet with NX10. Is this indeed the case and may this be the cause of this problem?

Thanks in advance

9 REPLIES

Re: Installing TeamCenter

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

NX10 and 10.0.x will work with Teamcenter 10.1.2.2 or higher.

For the error:

- check whether FSC service on the volume server is running

- verify that FMS_HOME is set correctly on the clients

- check FMS_bootstrap_urls preference is set correctly

- run %TC_ROOT%\bin\backup_xmlinfo.exe and check its output against fmsmaster.xml file and edit the fmsmaster if they don't match up.

Genius
Genius

In commandPrompt, goto TCRoot\tccs\bin

Execute command: fccstat -start

You should see the message "FCC is online...."

Execute command: fccstat -status

You should be able to see assigned FSC http address

Now try to start your TC client.

If this still doesn't works then probably your FMS Server is not configured properly while installing.

You can fix the FMS server either by launching tem.bat or making manual changes in FMSMaster.xml as previous post.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Also check your Java version. Installing the latest version of Java 8 can get you in trouble and you may need to install an older update like jre1.8.0_56. Don't forget to install both the x86 and x64 flavors of the JRE.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks fo r the help so far, 

I manage to get infodba running on the server now. I can Access it on the server. However,

accessing from the client using infodba is not happening. There are no errors comming up.

I also need to know how to get the users set up and how to access the database now. The TCRS manual only says that it is done by the administrator in the "TheOrganization app" Any idea where this information may be?

Thanks again,

Stan

Genius
Genius

When you logon to Teamcenter with infodba who is the administrator at first install. The password is infodba as well and should be changed.

The Organisation setup you will find in lower left corner and can be added to the sidebar menu. See the attached picture from my Teamcenter UA.

Now you can create your organisation and add users. I recomend not to make the organisation setup to many groups and deep in structure as it makes it complex to change when organisation changes in real.

I also recomend that you go a admin course in Teamcenter to get the grip of how you configure it even if you now ave rapid start version were almost all is ready.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Jorma,

Just to understand what you are saying.

When I am logging on the first time in the server using infodba, from here I need to set up the organization? - I think if this is what it is I can find info in the help file.

My question is, is it possible to log in to TC from the client, or only after the organization is done? the reason I ask this is because I want to make sure the sustem (Client and server) talks to each other. So far I was not able to connect from the client. There are no errors comming up, it is just sitting there, at one location it said it could not connect.

Any idea how to ensure I can comunicate using the TEM perhaps on the client?  I can access okay from the client through the eoperating system. I am well aware there may be firewall settings to fiddle with, however not sure how much more I can do. I already turned windows firewall off but it seems to be the same. What will the best way be to ensure the system is installed properly now? If I know it is okay and just an accessing issue due to firewalls, I will know which expert to get to correct it. Perhaps I am going ahead of myself. I will go read some... :-)

Any ideas are welcome, thanks.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Everyone,

I have this issue as I am trying to reilnstall TC. After changing the infodba password, I could not log in due to password fail.

So I am reinstalling and going through it all again.

I am getting stuck because it says it can't find the file tc1_Data.MDF.

I tried to use the tc name as the database name but it syas that it is existing already.

So where is the file tc1_Data.MDF suppose to be?

I have a screen shotattached, please help.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Another thing I am trying to get my head around.

In the Database Name textbox, the existing data base name is already there by default.

Why does it ask me to select another database?

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

It sounds like you might have cleaned up your previous attempt but missed deleting the Teamcenter database in MS SQL (hence tc1_Data.MDF). BTW, the name indicates your database was named tc1. Since that database already exists using the default name, populated in the Database Name textbox, you are prompted for another name.

My best advice is to start over. Cleanup your previous Teamcenter installations by deleting any folders, log into MS SQL as "sa" (hopefully you remember this password from your MS SQL installation), and delete the "tc" (or tc1) database instance. You may want to delete the "infodba" user also (use Google to find out how) since the password may not have been the default.

Now that you have a clean server, unzip the source media and launch TEM. Wait until you've completely finished the Teamcenter installation before changing any passwords. Note: it's my best practice to change the passwords back to the default before patching or upgrading so get good at changing the passwords (DB, TC and OS). Good luck!

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2