Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing and configuring live Excel

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up live Excel but I'm stuck.

The "Teamcenter Office Live for Office add-in" is not showing up in the add-in menu and ribbon.

System:

• Win10
  • MS Office 2013 (NL) with lang pack EN enabled
  • 4-Tier Teamcenter RAC 11.3

What i've done/tried so far:

• Install app prerequisites
  • Install Extensions for Office using TEM
  • Install Extensions for Office using stand-alone installer
  • Reboot

What am I missing here?

2 REPLIES

Re: Installing and configuring live Excel

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Small addition:

When I tried to export to live excel before the installation of live excel I did not get any error messages.

But now, after installation I get an error which may give an extra hint of what's wrong.

I've attached a screenshot of the error message.

Re: Installing and configuring live Excel

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

OK, almost working.

Found out that the setup from the "additional_applications" folder was not updated to version 11.3.

So did that and reinstalled the extensions for office.

Now I do get a Lice Excel sheet when exporting from the my Teamcenter details tab while choosing for one of the three live excel options.

However, it's not quite working as I would expect.

When editing the live interactive excel sheet it immediately loses connection with Teamcenter (see attached screenshot). Did not find the log file though.

To make it work I need to save the sheet, close the RAC, open the sheet again, modify a property, get a login dialog and log in. Any property changes are synced with Teamcenter automatically now.

The bulk and offline options for export still don't work.

This is due to the Teamcenter menu buttons in Excel disappearing after save/close/open.

This also happens with the interactive sheet, but I can work around this as described.

I also noticed that the Excel Teamcneter menu is showing as a panel in the ADD-INS tab and not as a separate Teamcenter tab like described in the documentation. (see attached screenshots).