Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Is there a way to restrict the user to open multiple Teamcenter sessions in different workstatio

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I thought only the BUNDLE name was required; not it and all its features.  That'll do it though. LOL

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
CAxPLM Architect @ Siemens Molecular Imaging
Past Board Member @ PLM World, Inc,

Re: Is there a way to restrict the user to open multiple Teamcenter sessions in different workstatio

Solution Partner Honored Contributor Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Solution Partner Honored Contributor
@LarryCarpenter you are the one actually using it and you are using "MACH 1" which is a bundle so if it works for you then it must be supported? I'll defer to those actually using the MAX option.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello Randy,

Ok, I will remove the port number from the vendor line. 

And, i add the MAX command to all the feature names which are required for the user.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello Randy,

I have changed my license file to point to the Options file. Could you please check the attached image file, should i change the settings there?

Thanks for your time.

Solution Partner Honored Contributor Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Solution Partner Honored Contributor
@cadamin2018, the license will remain the same. Since you've added the Options line to the license then it will find the option file on startup of the service and reads the license (then the options file). No changes to LMTools is required.

Turn on debugging in your options file initially so you can validate that its working correctly. Then turn off debugging once you're satisfied. Reminder:
DEBUGLOG C:\Siemens\PLMLicenseServer\LAPTOP101\ugslmd_debug.log (or wherever you want to write it to)

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello Randy,

Thank you for your time.

I have created the opt file and it is working fine and solved the issue of users consuming more than one license at a time.

Thanks again.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I'm a bit late with this reply, but I think this could be of help to others.

To me, the license limit sounds somewhat like symptom treatment.

I've another solution to the main problem that lead to the question, bringing your work to a meeting room, which does not involve the license hassle.

Why not use remote desktop from the meeting room to the users desktop?

This will prevent the user form using an extra license.

This has a few extra benefits:

• The user can prepare the meeting (presentation) before going to the meeting room (loading large assy?)
  • User has his own desktop at his disposal which:
    • supposed to have sufficient hardware
    • all tools and user specific configurations
    • behaves as the user expects because it is the system he/she uses every day
    • contains local user specific files (not recommended, but many do use local storage)

If necessary, remote desktop access can be restricted to the single user.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Yes, it is a good solution.

thanks for your response.