Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item ID field is not easily visible in the dialog of save-as item revision

Creator
Creator
In Legacy save as dialog, the item ID field is available once the dialog is launched and has assign button to assign desired naming rule.
In TC11 this dialog while doing save as of item revision, is showing item ID in the last page of the wizard, and is collapsed under item information.

For possible reasons, we don't want to enable the legacy dialog through preference.

I added item_id of item revision to the save as input descriptor in bmide. Also added the item_id field to itemrevsaveas stylesheet. But I just get a multi-line text field in save as dialog. I don't get assign button either to assign the item_id.

Can anyone help to bring the item_id field to save as of item revision dialog.?
Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Item ID field is not easily visible in the dialog of save-as item revision

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Good afternoon, it's strange, but I could not find anything in the documentation, try this solution:

Example tag of stylesheet: <property name = "item_id" renderingHint="autoassignitemid" />

Note: the autoassignitemid renderingHint will place an Assign button on the
dialog, but will only fully work if you have defined naming rules for the
item_id on that business object.

Re: Item ID field is not easily visible in the dialog of save-as item revision

Creator
Creator
Yes. I had tried that too.
I did get an assign button and get the naming rule error when I click on it. In stylesheet I am placing item_id which is a runtime property on item revision. For this I don't have any naming rule. I have only for item_id on Item.
When I specify items_tag:item_id, the field is not showing up on the Ui dialog.