Re: Item Revision multiple release status icon

Siemens Creator Siemens Creator
Siemens Creator

Did you ever get anywheee with this?

Legend
Legend

@engcam wrote:

Even if it's a bit late, here a possible solution: working in RichClient, one could implement a custom label provider in java.

The example shows how to add custom icons based on specific property values.

It also demonstarates a way to set the font for assemblies bold and/or to a custom color .

For a start, look at appendTrailingImages, insert code to search for release statuses and add images based on the search results.

Hope that helps...

Nice!

But I think what about rich client performance if we will use this customization(adding more then one icons)?

Legend
Legend

The customization way for TC 10.1 xx is worked, also it allow to add more icons to the right of IR depend on some property values or object state

Experimenter
Experimenter

... what about rich client performance if we will use this customization(adding more then one icons)?

We have this customization in production. Of course, everything that has to be loaded - and especially displayed in a Java UI - has its' performance impact. Our customized status icons get delivered to the user's client - so these are stored and loaded from the user's sdd. And as long as the algorithm is not too complicated, it shouldn't take too long to determine, which icons are to be shown for each object. At least it doesn't do so on "our" side...

I had to implement this because the user's demanded it. Without it, users would not have the chance to see any special statuses (e.g. migrated items) at first sight - and that would lead to a much graver perfomance impact in our use cases.

Create a user-based preference to turn this functionality on/off - then the user can decide for himself to see or not to see.

Legend
Legend

@engcam, thanks for answer

Today I launch this customization in our production site. Now I use overlay only for status icons under IR and not add additional icons to the right of IR, the client performance is OK for the moment.