Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JT Bi-Directional Translator for CATIA V5 - Metadata option

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello, I have a question related to metadata option in JT translator config file. I know that I can add various information to resulting JT file through this option and it's working fine for simple models. But when I have some assembly and need add various information relating to various parts, it's not usefull. For example each part (submodel) of an assembly has own weight and naming and this information has to be linked to corresponding part of resulting JT assembly. Is there a way how to make it in JT Bi-Directional Translator for CATIA V5? It means to add metadata to each node of the assembly during/before translation from Catia to JT?

2 REPLIES

Re: JT Bi-Directional Translator for CATIA V5 - Metadata option

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Hello,

The mentioned converter does not provide specific attribute creation but only general attributes for all nodes, as you mentioned. This is the section in the configuration file.

Metadata {
 AddToParts = "Type"
 AddToParts = "Part"

AddToAssemblies = "Type"

AddToAssemblies = "Assembly"
 AddToAllNodes = "Property"

AddToAllNodes = "MyCompagny"
}

Nevertheless, your conversion process can take advantage of the JT Utilities available for all our customers using JT products (PLM Components JTOpen SDK, JT Converters, Teamcenter Visualization, etc...), freely available on GTAC download area.

One of the utility is named 'jtattribute' and allows (as a command line) to encapsulate any post-processing actions on attributes (list, add, remove). This would be the way to process specific attributes on resulting JT from JT converters in such case.

Re: JT Bi-Directional Translator for CATIA V5 - Metadata option

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you! I'll try it as soon as I find a way how to log in or where to dowload "jtattribute" from...