Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

JT Bidirectional Translator for CATIA V5 documentation & best (translation) practices

Where is the JT Bidirectional Translator for CATIA V5 documentation located?

Where is a published set of Catia V5 to JT translation best practices?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: JT Bidirectional Translator for CATIA V5 documentation & best (translation) practices

Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
They are documented in the readme here:
Siemens PLM Download Server > Teamcenter Visualization > Full Products > JT Translators > Catia v5 > PLM_Components_JT_Bidirectional_Translator_for_CATIAV5_v13_0_README.txt

I don't know of a best practices guide but it may be available from the software once you download it.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Re: JT Bidirectional Translator for CATIA V5 documentation & best (translation) practices

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Good afternoon, if I am not mistaken, the configuration of the translator should also be described in the TCIC documentation on GTAC Download Server

Teamcenter and Teamcenter Rapid Start -> Full products -> Integrations and Solutions -> CATIA ->
Teamcenter_Integration_for_CATIAV5_XX.X.X_Documentation.zip

The TCIC documentation talked about the integration but didn't talk about the translator.

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Good afternoon Randy, I looked in the documentation, it has the following information:

TCIC_JT1.png

Configuring the Theorem/Teamcenter Translator

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/docs/tcic/12.0.0/doc/in_config_jt/config_jt.htm

TCIC_JT2.png

Convert Items to JT

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/docs/tcic/12.0.0/doc/convjt/convjt.htm

Maybe it's just the language then. The Theorem translator [TH22120] is a substitute for the TcVis [VS22105] translator for CATIA V4. For CATIA V5, the TcVis JT bi-directional translator [VS22196] and the import translator [VS22197] are provided by Siemens and not by Theorem. I assumed the docs were old news.