cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JT TRANSLATOR SOLID WORKS

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

Hello Everyone,

have someone ever had some problem with SWtoJT, after install JT translator and the Integrator? The integration is working well, but the JT file is not generated.

Thanks for all comments!

Best Regards.

9 REPLIES

Re: JT TRANSLATOR SOLID WORKS

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

'Some problem'? LOL!!!  I've had lots over a period of many years due to bugs, bugs, and more bugs with it and its integration with SWIM.  Every upgrade is like pulling the lever on a gaming machine and shouting "No whammies!" (ala the old 80's game show 'Press Your Luck') hoping that both the old bugs are fixed and that the new ones (there are always new ones) do not affect you.

Whammy.gif

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
CAxPLM Architect @ Siemens Molecular Imaging
Past Board Member @ PLM World, Inc,

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

Hi Schomoller,

The first wonder would be : do you have a valid license to your "JT TRANSLATOR" (I accountered this issue because of that once befor).

My second approach would be for you to look named reference is created by the dispatcher (on the serevr) but not send to Teamcenter ?

Best Regards,

Legend
Legend

Hi,

Can you please check the line in SWIM.XML file, it's pointing to correct directory or not.

<jt_file action="translate" cad_type="sldprt:sldtbx" eai_dir="C:\Siemens\Translators\SolidWorks_V16"/>

and also check Translator is able to retrieve the license from the License server.

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius
That line of the SWIM.XML seems good. the Swtojt.exe is located here (C:\Siemens\Translators\SolidWorks_V16) ?

Is the translator working manualy ?

Best regards,

Legend
Legend

Hi,

Can you please check by converting a JT from Solidworks Tools --> JT menu?

if you have installed JT Translator you will have JT add-in under add-ins and it must be enabled to use JT menu from tools.

Solution Partner Pioneer

Hello Ganesh-IZ !

First of all, thanks for your answer! I verified that line and it's ok. 

Also,  I was able to find these solutions into GTAC, what do you think about?

https://solutions.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/view.php?sort=desc&q=SW+JT&p=3&file_type=h...

https://solutions.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/view.php?sort=desc&p=1&q=SW+JT&file_type=h...

Thanks again!

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Can you verify that the interactive JT worked?

• Start SWIM/SOlidworks
  • Open a part
  • In the File menu, select Tools, JT, Export to JT.  
    • If you get Export Succeded then the Translator is OK.
    • if nothing happens, then you probably do not have the license.
  • The txdlog.txt file will document what happened with the JT file creation when SWIM called the JT translator. A lot depends on your naming conventions for configurations.

Let us know what happens...

- Peter Heath - PLM Business Development Manager
ITI - Siemens Development and Solution Partner

Solution Partner Pioneer

Hello PeterH,

for one customer with integration SW-TC it works and to solve the problem of JT generation in Item Structure I found this call into GTAC and now it is working well.

https://solutions.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/view.php?sort=desc&file_type=text&q=integr...

But, in another case, I am not able to even generate the JT, exporting it using Tools-->JT--> (Export to JT or Quick Export).

Thanks for you help!

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

If you cannot run the translator interactively, then it is either a license issue or perhaps the wrong version of the translator.  Anyway, definitely nothing to do with SWIM at that point.

A single work folder where all of the data is operated on is simplest.  This is a combination of swim.properties, swim.xml, and the startup shortcut that is used.  

- Peter Heath - PLM Business Development Manager
ITI - Siemens Development and Solution Partner