JT check in an assembly

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

We have below requirement

In an assembly the check is performed on each item revision

-   IF CAD model exists then JT file should be exist

-   JT should have a Named reference

-   JT file timestamp should be later than CAD model timestamp

If the conditions are NOT met we should  trigger the dispatcher(ETS) request for JT file creation.

The requirement can be met with an ITK utility and cron-job . However I am exploring the possibility of OOTB methods.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

3 REPLIES

Re: JT check in an assembly

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Your logic is correct and will result in a valid JT. Unfortunately, Siemens doesn't provide the handlers needed to perform these validations so you'll have to write your own or purchase BCT CheckIt. Personally, I would let someone else maintain the code and would purchase the solution.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you for the answer. Yes even I thought so but

Our requirement is not restricted to workflows. We have downstream systems and thirdparty applications which requires JT file.

Hence we are using ITK utility to make periodic inspections, however with ever growing data and geography we are facing issues with cron-jobs.

Thanks

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Could you use a query with EPM-set-condition? The query would check if the item rev has a UGMASTER dataset, a JT dataset, and that the JT dataset has a named reference that isn't null. Or EPM-check-target-attachments to check for the UGMASTER and JT datasets, and the query only to check the named reference. I don't know if there would be a difference between the two on the front end.

The date comparison would be trickier-- I haven't done enough with the query builder to know if it has a good way to do that, and I've had problems with date type properties in the past.