cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOV values not display until press assign inside the solid edge

Genius
Genius

All

I deployed the LOV from  BMIDE to server. it works fine in RAC. When I create new model/assy/drawing in solid edge,

LOV values not displayed until press assign inside the  solid edge. LOV is attached to custom Item.

Is there any option/setting to select LOV as soon as select the Custom LOV?

Regards

Venny

4 REPLIES

Re: LOV values not display until press assign inside the solid edge

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Have you changed the mapping to include your custom Item types and properties in seec.xml? I would check their first. I know that LOV are not supported yet in NX 11 (maybe in NX 12) so they might not work with other CAD integrations yet either.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Genius
Genius
I did not see "SEEC.XML" in the seec folder. There are seec_preference.xml, seec_preference_merge.xml. is there any instruction I can follow to include custom item types.

Regards
Venny

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
You're correct. It looks like SEEC uses preferences to limit/add Item types (SEEC_ItemTypeList_<dataset_type>) and to specify properties (SEEC_Property_*). Further, attribute mapping is required (export_attr_mappings, import_attr_mappings). An example for a cascading LOV specified in attribute mappings is shown in the SEEC Admin Guide (pg 89/134), find "Sample Sheet Metal attribute mapping definition using List of Values".

Before getting too deep in the attribute mapping, it may be worth giving GTAC a call to confirm that SEEC supports what you are trying to configure. For instance, if you are using SmartCodes then you must pick the assign button.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Genius
Genius
Randy

Great, Thanks for guidance, help and support. I will create IR for GTAC and talk to them.

Regards
Venny