cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launch NX without Launching 4TR client

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi

I undertand we can launch NX in managed mode from command prompt wihout launching teamcenter where it does ask for ID/Password.

does any use the NX in that (wihout launching Rich client) so that users can work directly from NX.

TIA

10 REPLIES

Re: Launch NX without Launching 4TR client

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Yes you can launch NX Native works directly without launching rich client.

Once you launch NX if you want to save files directly to Teamcenter, you can find the Tc icon on the left side if NX integrator is installed and you will be able to login directly from NX environment. 

Find the attached snapshot 

Best Regards,
Jeethan Rohan

Creator
Creator

Many experience NX  users already famlier with start the native NX. They do not like the way to start Teamcenter, then start NX from teamcenter.  

Phenom
Phenom

I provide the option to run managed NX without TC rich client, for the machine shop, that finds Teamcenter to be intimidating.  Most of our users just launch NX from Teamcenter, even though they don't do much with TC, simply because that's how they were shown from day 1 (before I has the alternative setup)

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1

Yes, launching NX through Teamcenter is time consuming and user tend to repeat it. Best way is Nx integration to TC with active workspace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK0L4dhCfXk

Best Regards,
Jeethan Rohan

Pioneer
Pioneer

@JRT

Thanks a lot, we are moving to TC and many users experienced with other PLM asking they dont need much of TC just NX. our site setup going to be 4-tier client +NX11. can you please add some tips on running integrator. (I have onfigured NX manager from OTW side, i assume you are not mentioning that). while i wait for your reply i will also do some search on google or GTAC

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
You will likely find your answer in the NX documentation and using the "pim=yes" argument.
https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/11.0.2/nx_help#uid:index_tcint:id1299396:id1299402:g...

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Creator
Creator

Most other PLMs work like this way: Start CAD application first, then start PLM system from CAD application.

For Teamcenter, my opinon the best practice is, Start Teamcenter first then start NX from teamcenter.

How to start Teamcenter and NX is not a big issue. Users mainly work foucs on designe and data management.

They will familier with Teamcenter and NX and will love it soon.

Phenom
Phenom

This is what I used, to assit me in getting things setup.

https://solutions.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/view.php?sort=desc&p=1&q=How+to+launch+NX+...

Note, the biggest issue I had, was getting it to work with our setup, using Rob Cohon/Gerrit Koelewijn's NXcustom.

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1

@nesthome

You are welcome, please refer link provided by @RandyEllsworth 

Best Regards,
Jeethan Rohan