Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launching External Scripts from Teamcenter

Phenom
Phenom

As an Administrator I have various bat scripts that need to be ran to maintain Teamcenter.  I had a scenario where I needed the users to run a script to update a cfg file for SolidWorks stored on their pc.

Teamcenter can store urls, and urls can launch files... I couldn't get a TC url to launch a bat, so I converted my bat to an exe using free online software.  I now tell users to launch the url in Teamcenter:

Capture.JPG

and the properties of the url:

Capture.JPG

The bat which I converted to an exe just contained:

copy "\\servername\config$\SWIM\swim.cfg" "C:\apps\swim"

All the user sees is their default web browser open a new page and they get the usual warnings about running an .exe.

There are other ways of acheiving this, but I thought others might find it useful who dont want to maintain shortcuts on users desktops, or getting IT involved :-)

Richard

Richard Bennett
PLM Consultant
www.ProspectPLM.co.uk
2 REPLIES

Re: Launching External Scripts from Teamcenter

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I just have a customized SWIM launch script that checks for updates at every start of SWIM and applies them before launching solidworks.  So much easier than coaching users on what to do or writing a custom executable.

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
CAxPLM Architect @ Siemens Molecular Imaging
Past Board Member @ PLM World, Inc,

Re: Launching External Scripts from Teamcenter

Phenom
Phenom

@LarryCarpenter oh yes, your method for this scenario would be better.  I just used it as an example of how to store and share externally stored scripts within Teamcenter.

Rich

Richard Bennett
PLM Consultant
www.ProspectPLM.co.uk