Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List all componentes and subcomponents of an NX assembly that dont have a dataset (pdf)

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Is it possible to TC to do that by searches or other ways?

I would like to list all items whose drawings need to be updated and exported to pdf. We have a specific dataset for drawing pdfs. And the copy rule for new revisions or items doesnt copy the old pdf, so I think this is a good filter to look for them.

It would be like to filter the type of item, but this is not a problem.

4 REPLIES

Re: List all componentes and subcomponents of an NX assembly that dont have a dataset (pdf)

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Are you looking for all NX assemblies or one in particular?

If it's all,

You could make a query that searches all parts that are on a BOM but don't have a PDF.

Otherwise if it's one assembly,

You could write a server code script that would do this. Navigating the BOM tree through server code is hard at first but it's possible.

Maybe you could make a runtime property for items that do or do not have pdfs. Then in theory you could see it in the "Structure Manager" if you exploded the BOM. 

Re: List all componentes and subcomponents of an NX assembly that dont have a dataset (pdf)

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you Trevor,

I want to be able to check this for each assembly when I have finished designing it. I want this tool to be available for all members of design group, even better for all company members.

I have made some very basic querys but I dont know how to filter for revisions that:

-Are on a BOM

-Dont have a specific dataset. 

Is it easy to explain?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Sorry I was wrong. I don't think you can even write a Teamcenter query that returns item revisions that have no PDF dataset. I tried to write a query with an attribute of "Dataset:IMAN_specification.object_type!=PDF" but it returns any dataset that contains something other than a PDF. I was hoping we could do "PDF:IMAN_specification==NULL" but Teamcenter isn't that flexible.

You can do this through custom code but it's not easy. Especially if you are not using custom code today.

Solution Partner Honored Contributor Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Solution Partner Honored Contributor
One option where this can be easily accomplished is with BCT CheckIt (similar to NX CheckIt). It is a third party tool so they maintain the code. You can check out videos and other material on the BCT Technologies web site. They also have a larger tool set called BCT TC Toolbox.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4