cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping NX Attributes

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Does anyone have a working example of an attribute mapping file for Teamcenter and NX? As far as I can tell, I've followed the documentation almost exactly, but things aren't quite working as expected.

I'm trying to map attributes in NX 10.0.2 and Teamcenter 11.2.2 on a custom item type. For example, my custom item is AB4_Item and the IRM is AB4_ItemRevisionMaster. I'm mapping MY_ATTRIBUTE in NX to AB$_MyAttribute in Teamcenter, and I want the user to be able to modify the attribute within NX. In my mapping file, I have:

{ Dataset type="UGMASTER"
{ Item type="AB4_Item"
"MY_ATTRIBUTE" : ItemRevision.GRM(IMAN_master_form,AB4_ItemRevisionMaster).AB4_MyAttribute /master=cad /description="My Attribute"
}
}

The AB4_MyAttribute is not populated in the Viewer tab in the rich client. In NX, the attribute appears, but shows as a read-only database attribute.

What am I doing wrong?

7 REPLIES

Re: Mapping NX Attributes

You can configure mapping as 'test' in the begining ( Refer preference - TC_USE_TEST_ATTR_MAPPINGS ). This provides more information in syslog , if there is any problem in mapping.  That may help you in finding the problem.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

A trick for figuring out the relationships is to show real property names in Teamcenter using TC_display_real_prop_name = 1 (default is 0 - show display name).

The master form is attached to the Item using IMAN_master_form relation.

Master.PNG

While the revision master form is attached to the Item Revision using IMAN_master_form_rev relation.

RevMaster.PNG

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Solution Partner Phenom

When trying to talk to the Item from NX you also need to set:

TC_NX_allow_attrsync_master_with_item=yes

Thanks Randy, since I'm trying to map to the item revision master, I think the relation is where the problem is. But when I try:

"MY_ATTRIBUTE" : ItemRevision.GRM(IMAN_master_form_rev,AB4_ItemRevisionMaster).AB4_MyAttribute /master=cad /description="My Attribute"

I get an error message saying "The specified type IMAN_master_form_rev does not exist."

Is that the NX syslog or the Teamcenter syslog? I've been using the test mappings, but I don't see anything in the NX syslog.

Solution Partner Phenom

Try short-hand notation:

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/11.0.1/nx_help#uid:index_tcint:id1299760:id1299788:t...

MY_ATTRIBUTE : IRM.AB4_MyAttribute /master=cad /allow_null_value /description="My Attribute"

Note: I removed the quotes on the attribute name "MY_ATTRIBUTE" and added a switch "/allow_null_value".

Reviewing the data model in the BMIDE revealed that the case defined in the BMIDE was different than the case in the mapping file; e.g., ab4_MyAttribute in the BMIDE and AB4_MyAttribute in the mapping file. Once I made them the same, the mapping worked correctly.

Thanks everyone for all your suggestions!